How to Tattoo Hair: Tips
The steps involved in tattooing hair are not very difficult or complex to understand but are certainly diverse. There are a lot of ways in which you can get a hair tattoo and knowing all these ways are important since you might consider getting the best. Mentioned below are a few tips that comprise methods and tricks which you should be aware of while getting yourself a hair tattoo.
- Start with trimming your hair for a common hair tattoo. Keep the length of your hair approximately up to 1 cm and not more. If there is a particular design that you want, show it to the stylist and ask him to make the same.
- If you want letters such as R.I.P or F.E.A.R written on your scalp, keeping the length of your hair a little more than 1 cm would be proper. However, if you want a design like that of a tribal tattoo, it is advisable to keep a desired hair length.
- If you want to keep a Mohawk style, make sure the designs you get done on both the sides are exact mirror images or your head might look a disaster in reality, no matter how good it looks in the pictures on the web.
- A proper hair tattoo stylist is required if you want to get a unique design with minute details in it. Most of the time, for bold designs, trimmers are sufficient as tools. However, carving blades are essential if you wish to opt for fluid lines.
- As mentioned, hair tattoos last for a period of around two to three weeks. But this depends on how fast your hair grows. Faster the growth of hair, more the chances of losing out on the tattoo design. If you want to get a hair tattoo, you can consider getting it done during vacations, if it's not possible otherwise.
- Maintain your hair tattoo from time to time to make the design stand out and glow in the dark. You can also color the hair with a color of your choice to make it look different from normal ordinary hair tattoos.
By Neha Joshi